What Will my Biblical Counselor Expect of Me?
- To arrive at each counseling session on time. If you need to cancel a counseling session, please give 24- hour notice (Ephesians 5:15-16)
commit to meet with your biblical counselor at the same time each week.
On average, counseling session will last for 12-20 weeks (Proverbs
13:4, Galatians 6:9)
- To bring your Bible to all counseling sessions with a readiness to learn and apply the truths of God’s Word to your everyday life (2 Timothy 3:16-17, James 1:22-25)
- To exemplify a teachable spirit and to give permission to your biblical counselor to speak the truth of God’s Word into your life (Proverbs 13:13, Proverbs 13:18, 1 Peter 5:5)
- To be transparent and honest about the struggles you are facing as this will help your biblical counselor to wisely and faithfully minister the Word of God to you (Proverbs 18:13, 15, James 5:16)
- To complete all homework assignments and to bring the assignments to each counseling session to review with your biblical counselor (Proverbs 13:4, Proverbs 16:3)
- To grow in personal holiness, your trust in God and His Word, and how you relate to those whom you are in relationship with (Romans 8:13, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Colossians 3:12-17, 2 Peter 3:18)