November 12, 2020,
First Christian Church, Kendallville.
Our Response to the current, COVID-19 mandates from Indiana Gov. Holcomb.
On Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020, Indiana Gov. Holcomb announced the following COVID-19 restrictions for Indiana counties considered in the statistical "Orange" category (currently Noble County - the location of First Christian, Kendallville - is categorized this way):
Face coverings will continue to be required statewide.
- Holcomb said churches and religious gatherings will remain exempt from restrictions.
The governor said he doesn’t want businesses to have to shut down again, and these efforts will help prevent further restrictions.
- Social events limited to 50 people
- Special events of more than 50 people will need approval from the local health department.
- Attendance at winter indoor K-12 extracurricular and co-curricular events is limited to 25% capacity
- Capacity in common areas and break rooms should be reduced and users should be socially distanced
- Community recreational sports leagues and tournaments may continue with attendance limited to participants, required personnel and parents/guardians only.
After discussions were held in conjunction with all members of both the Elder and Staff leadership teams on Thursday, November 12, the following steps were unanimously agreed upon as we move forward:
- We ask that participants who choose to attend the regularly scheduled Sunday services, ministries, and Sunday School wear face coverings during the services (unless medical reasons prevent a person from doing so) not only for their safety but also for the safety of others in attendance.
- We will continue to be vigilant with our cleaning and disinfecting protocols in the church facility.
- We ask that all attendees continue to be diligent regarding social distancing and respecting others.
- Teachers, helpers, children's workers will continue providing optimum care and safety precautions for the children in our children's ministries.
- Face coverings and hand sanitizers will continue to be available for all attendees who may need them if they are not bringing their own supply.
- Our online ministry is continuing and available for those who choose to worship with us through that forum.
On behalf of the Elders and Staff,
Pastor David Gruber